PROS: Affordable domain name and web hosting plan purchasing; Tools for building a web site; Included security features; Limited time pricing offers (see end of page)
CONS: Web hosting is priced on a yearly basis as opposed to monthly
BOTTOM LINE: Domain.com is a one-stop shop for all of your web site needs, beginning with choosing a domain name and finishing up with hosting options. Domain.com makes every step in the site building process simple even for those who aren’t tech savvy.
SUMMARY: Looking to buy a web domain? Build a website? Hosting options for your site? Domain.com has all of these technological business services and so much more. Since 2000, Domain.com has provided the tools that put companies and individuals on the Internet to carve out their successes. These tools are readily available with the most up-to-date technology for today’s digital business world.
What Does Domain.com Do?
Domain.com is a domain registration and web hosting company that has been in business for 17 years. Services offered include providing domain names, web hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting, email, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, web design, and online marketing services. Additionally, Domain.com provides free website services such as URL forwarding, email forwarding, transfer lock, and total Domain Name System (DNS) management.
Businesses or individuals may purchase a premium domain name using extensions .com, .org, .net, .us, .co, and more from Domain.com. The company has more than 300 domain extensions available from .academy to .xyz and potential customers can select an extension that is the perfect fit for their businesses (i.e. .us is considered ideal for individuals and businesses who want to be closely identified with the United States).
If your business doesn’t yet have a website yet, don’t waste another minute without a digital presence. Domain.com gives you the freedom to pick and choose the elements you need without the huge price tag that you can’t afford.
Not sure if the domain name you want or need is available? A simple search from Domain.com lets you know this important information and provides alternatives in case it’s already in use.
Many companies don’t want the headache of hosting their own sites if they don’t have the IT staff to handle the load. That’s okay, because Domain.com doesn’t just sell you a nice domain name and send you on your way. Hosting plans are available for both Linux and Windows platforms. Domain.com’s hosting architecture has full network redundancy, consistent data backups, and reliable data storage — all components that ensure that your website stays up and running without any problems. Domain.com’s data center is monitored 24/7-365 and uses best-of-breed router and firewall technologies for threat protection.
- Domain Extensions: If it’s a domain you’re looking to purchase, you’ll find it here. Domain.com has 300 domain extensions so that you can grab the one that is most appealing to your business.
- All the Services: Everything you need to put a website together — from the domain to site creation and design to hosting and marketing — can be found within this platform.
- Security: The last thing anyone wants to have to be concerned about is security issues, but with hackers and data breaches consistently wreaking havoc on networks, it’s definitely a subject matter that needs addressing. Fortunately, Domain.com is committed to security for its hosting packages by supporting, among other things, SSL, a data protection protocol.
- Domain.com only offers yearly web hosting pricing whereas competitors’ packages are sold on a month-to-month basis.
- Dedicated web hosting is not an option for Domain.com customers.
User Skill/Experience Required
All features within Domain.com are designed to be user friendly. For example, when creating a website, a powerful drag-and-drop site builder turns even the least inspired individual into a web designer.
Pricing & Where to Buy Domain.com
Pricing varies based upon the services chosen. For example:
- .com domains can be purchased for as little as $9.99
- Basic hosting begins at $3.75/month
- Custom Gmail accounts via G Suite start at $4.17/month
All domains and hosting services can be purchased through the official Domain.com site here.