PROS: Lowest price for a DVD copy software; Easy to use; Available for Windows and Mac; Great quality copies
CONS: Not as many features as competitor offerings; Mac version performs slightly better than Windows
BOTTOM LINE: If you’re looking for an effective tool that can easily and quickly rip DVDs so that you can either save them to your hard drive or burn them onto new discs, then you need Aimersoft DVD Copy.
SUMMARY: Copying DVDs is an easy process with Aimersoft DVD Copy. Although most DVD movies have a major barrier --some form of copy-protection--this software can sidestep that issue by removing the protective encryption altogether, so that DVDs can be ripped and burned to other DVD discs or to a user’s hard drive.
Aimersoft DVD Copy
What Does Aimersoft DVD Copy Do?
Aimersoft DVD Copy is a DVD ripper software that enables users to copy DVDs, even those that have been copy-protected, to their own discs for viewing at their discretion. Ripping favorite movies is no longer a chore or a complicated task, because this software removes often-used copy protections like CSS, RC, and RCE, and supports copying DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, and DVD-RAM.
DVD Copy is what is considered a “clean” product, meaning it doesn’t come loaded with other types of software, adware, or even spyware. No malicious files are included, so no need to go installing antivirus software (although you should anyway!).
There are four modes to pick from when copying DVDs: Full Movie, Main Movie (with Menu), Main Movie (without Menu), and Custom Mode. Full Movie involves copying the entire DVD to a writable disc without changing a single thing. Main Movie (with Menu) specifically copies only the movie and the menus. Main Movie (without Menu) lets the user copy the movie and eliminate the menu. Both Main Movie (with Menu) and Main Movie (without Menu) modes do not allow for different audio tracks and subtitles. Finally, Custom Mode allows for preferred titles, chapters, audio tracks, and subtitles all to be copied.
One key detail about DVD Copy is that movies can be copied over to the user’s hard drive so that they can be watched at any time without inserting the copied disc. For the highest quality finished discs, your best bet is to copy to DVD-9s — you won’t see any loss in quality. Aimersoft promises that users can clone from DVD9 to DVD9 and DVD5 to DVD5 in 1:1 ratio without any noticeable quality loss. However, there will be some overall loss of quality if you compress a larger disc to fit onto a smaller one.
DVD Copy supports various Microsoft Windows formats including Windows 2000, Windows 7, NT, Vista, and XP. For the Macintosh user, DVD Copy supports Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11 El Capitan.
- Low Price: Although there are many other DVD clone/copy software tools out there, you’d be hard pressed to find one that costs as little as DVD Copy. With other cloning tools costing $20-$30 more, this product is a must-have for anyone who wants to build up a huge collection of DVDs.
- Tailored DVDs: Users can copy preferred audio tracks and subtitles by using the “Custom Mode” to custom design the DVD they want.
- Support Options: Aimersoft offers step-by-step directions on its website to walk users through the process of copying DVDs. If issues come up once the program has been purchased, users are instructed to contact the brand on social media via Twitter or Facebook, as responses are nearly immediate. Users may also email questions through an online form. Questions sent by email are typically responded to within 48 hours.
- Free Trial: To better understand the ease-of-use and what DVD Copy is all about, potential buyers can try out the product for free before reaching for their wallets. The trial version is full-featured but does have some restrictions, so it’s best to check the tutorial for more details.
- DVD Copy doesn’t offer quite as many features as some of the competitor products available on the market.
- When comparing the Mac version to the Windows version, there aren’t drastic differences, but the Mac version certainly performs better.
User Skill/Experience Required
Copying DVDs with Aimersoft DVD Copy is extremely simple and straightforward. It only takes a few clicks to get started, so just about anyone with minimal technology expertise can use this software.
Pricing & Where to Buy Aimersoft DVD Copy
DVD Copy is available for Windows users at $29.95 and Mac users at $29.00. To learn more, try for free, or purchase this software, visit Aimersoft’s official website here.